It’s summertime, which means that you’re probably looking for ways to stay cool. Sure, there are plenty of options to choose from when it comes to keeping your home cool in the summer months – but what if you don’t want air conditioning? Don’t worry! There are still plenty of things you can do to keep yourself comfortable this summer without an expensive new appliance. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at 8 different solutions for staying cool all summer long without having to break the bank on AC installation. In case these are not enough, make sure to check out Essex Air Conditioning for the best service!
How to Keep Your Home Cool in Summer:
– Install weather stripping around your doors and windows. This will help keep drafts from coming into the house and creating uncomfortable temperature changes as you walk through rooms of the home. You can purchase a kit with all of the materials needed or do it yourself if you’re feeling handy!
– Close curtains, blinds, and/or shades during daylight hours to avoid having direct sunlight come into the room at high temperatures that could make your place hotter than necessary. (See our blog post about how light affects heat!)
– Purchase an insulated window film for sliding glass doors or other potentially drafty areas that lets in natural light but also helps reduce outside warmth from entering the space while still allowing for airflow.
– Plant deciduous trees on the west side of your home to help shade it from direct sunlight during midday hours and provide a cooling effect with their leaves when they turn colors in the fall.
– Consider installing an evaporative cooler or even just opening windows throughout the house to let cool air circulate through all rooms for added comfort.
– Add ceiling fans, box fans, or other types of electrically powered AC units around your home – either inside or outside – will work well as long as they are positioned properly so that you’re not blowing hot air into any areas where people might be sitting down or sleeping at night!